Sage 2% Chlorhexidine Gluconate (CHG) Cloths are premoistened with an FDA-approved antiseptic solution to help reduce bacteria on the skin before surgery. The rinse-free formula stays on the skin and is trusted by nurses to help reduce the risk of developing an SSI.
Sage 2% CHG Cloths mirror current clinical guidelines from both the Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America (SHEA) and Association of periOperative Registered Nurses (AORN) regarding surgical site preparation.
"To gain the maximum antiseptic effect of Chlorhexidine, it must be allowed to dry completely and not be washed off."3
-SHEA Compendium of Strategies to Prevent Healthcare-Associated Infection in Acute Care Hospitals
"Patients undergoing open class I surgical procedures below the chin should have two (2) preoperative showers with Chlorhexidine Gluconate (CHG) before surgery, when appropriate."4
-AORN Guidelines for Preoperative Skin Antisepsis
Sage 2% Chlorhexidine Gluconate (CHG) Cloths Feature:
- Provide rapid bactericidal action against a broad spectrum of microorganisms
- Significantly reduce the number of micro-organisms on intact skin
- Demonstrate continued antimicrobial activity for up to 6 hours after application
- Single-use, 7-1/2" x 7-1/2" cloths are alcohol and rinse free
- Trusted by nurses in hospitals across the US
- Latex Free
1. Kirkland KB, et al., Infect Control Hosp Epidemio. 1999 Nov;20(11):722-4. 2. Mangram AJ, et al. Guideline for prevention of surgical site infection, 1999, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Hospital Infection Control Practices Advisory Committee, Atlanta GA. 3. SHEA, Oct 2008, Vol 29, Supplement 1, 558. 4. Perioperative Standards and Recommended Practices. AORN Inc. 2008, 537-555.
There are currently no reviews for this product. Pease write a review by clicking the button below.