Smiths Viavalve® Safety IV Catheters provide blood control to help reduce the risk of blood exposure and contamination. A unique valve inside the catheter hub impedes blood flow from the patient as vein upon initial venipuncture. Maintaining a clean access site helps prevent the transfer of bloodborne pathogens from patient to caregiver on soiled gloves, clothing, bedding and dressings. The catheter valve, once in the patient as vein, is activated by attaching the Luer fitting of an infusion line which opens the valve to allow unrestricted flow. ViaValve® Safety IV Catheters also help prevent unintended needlesticks. Its safety guard surrounds the retracted introducer needle and produces a “click” to indicate that the needle is contained for handling and disposal.
Smiths Viavalve® Safety IV Catheters Features:
- Features Ocrilon® polyurethane catheter tubes that soften and become more pliable, allowing longer in-dwell
- Fully encased needle safety design helps prevent needle stick injuries and blood exposure
- Sliding shield provides greater control during one-handed insertion and threading
- Catheter as ribbed hub facilitates catheter securement
- FLASH-VUE® early flash indicator reveals when the needle tip enters a vein, featured on gauges 20 to 24
- V-point needle helps maximize patient comfort with low penetration force
There are currently no reviews for this product. Pease write a review by clicking the button below.